Learn to Windsurf Gift Voucher - RYA Start Windsurfing Two Day Course
This gift voucher entitles you to the value of a 2 day Windsurfing Course (RYA Start Windsurfing)
You will receive a hard copy of the gift voucher in the post, along with the booking infomation and your purchase receipt.
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme
Duration: 2 Full Days / approx 8-10 hours spread over two days (times dependent on tides)
Previous Experience: None required
Minimum Age: 15 years +
Terms and Conditions
This RYA certificated course is for complete beginners, or those who may have tried windsurfing previously, but need refreshing on the basic techniques. No previous experience is necessary, just a desire to have fun!
Dependent on suitable weather conditions and individual ability, students should cover all elements of the RYA “Start Windsurfing” certificate, giving them the skills to sail where they want to go and return to their starting point in safety.
The course cost includes use of all equipment – boards, rigs, wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
* Please note, wetsuit / neoprene boots are not provided due to hygine reasons, please bring old trainers or Hunstanton Watersports retail store sells wetsuit shoes from £8.
RYA Course Content:
• Introduction to kit, rigging and de-rigging
• Getting started - simulator sessions on beach
• On-water sessions – sailing across the wind
• Steering & upwind turns (tacking)
• Sailing upwind
• Improving tacking
• Sailing downwind and downwind turns (gybing)
Theory topics to be covered over the two days include “Sail Safe”, basic sailing theory and terms, rigging and checking equipment, selecting and buying suitable kit, and next steps in your windsurfing progression.