Experience Required: No experience is necessary
Duration: 1 Day (09:30-16:00)
All Equipment Provided
Group Size: 1:4
Qualification Gained: BKSA Level 1
Minimum Age: 16
The BKSA one day course is a great introduction to the world of kitesurfing. This course is very informative and will take you from a complete beginner to understanding the basics of kitesurfing before you decide to take it to the next level.
BKSA Level 1 Course Itinerary
– Introduction and background of kitesurfing/BKSA
– Fundamentals of kitesurfing – wind, weather, tides and location
– Beach trainer kite flying, understanding the wind-window
– Kitesurf kite setup
– Safe kite launch/land techniques + pre-flight checks
– Water-based flying / flying kitesurfing kites
– Controlled body dragging / directional body dragging
– Emergency pack down / Self-rescue techniques
Once you have completed the BKSA level 1 course, you can then progress onto the BKSA level 2 course.
PLEASE NOTE: This is only a guide. Everyone learns at different speeds so you may not learn all of the course content in one day. Our instructors will determine whether they feel you are competent in what you have learnt before you can progress to the next stage. In some cases additional 1:1 training may be required to work on specific skills.
Why not make a reservation and one of our team will be back in touch with you shortly.